Offering promotions that include Discounts or Coupons is an effective way to attract customers to your business. Knowing how often a Discount or Coupon is used, which customers are applying it, and which orders they are on can help identify which promotions are popular among your customers and if they are financially viable. Party Center Software’s Orders by Discount or Coupon Report can provide this information for us.
Note: If you would like information about creating Discounts, please see our support article How to Create Discounts.
To access the report, select the Reports tab in the navigation bar and select Orders by Discount or Coupon from the Reports column on the left of the screen.
Above we see the default search criteria used when running the report. Not all of these options appear by default, and you may need to select the plus icon to show them. A description of each search criteria is listed below:
- Start/End Date - Select a specified date range for your report.
- Date Type - Party Orders (In House or Online) have two associated dates. The date an order is booked, and the date the party is held. We have the option to lookup by either date type when searching the date range.
- Discount Type - Use this field to search for Discounts, Coupons or both (Discounts are created in the Discounts section of the software. Coupons are created as a Product and show in your Products list).
- Order Types
- In House Party - These are parties that are booked by your staff when the customer is either in your facility or booking over the phone.
- Point of Sale - Any transactions that are processed in your POS generate a Point of Sale Order (Usually orders that don’t have a Party Date associated with it).
- Online Party - Any Party booked online by a customer.
- Online Store - If you have the Online Store in your Party Center Software subscription, each time a customer makes a purchase an Online Store Order is created.
- Order Status
- Open - Any Order that has a current balance due.
- Cancelled - Any Orders that you actively mark as Cancelled.
- Closed - Orders that do not have a remaining balance and have been marked as Closed.
- Quotes - Customers who have not committed to a Party and want to know the pricing.
- Pending Review - When a customer books an Online Party, it shows up as Pending Review. This is to ensure we do a quality check on the customer’s order before they arrive for their Party.
- Filter by Discount - Filter the report to find a specified Discount.
- Filter by Coupon - Filter the report to find a specified Coupon.
- Filter by User - Filter for Orders created by specified Users.
Reading Your Report
Once your report is generated, it will display as shown above. At the top of the report, there is a summary of your search criteria. At the top right of the report, there is a Find/Search bar that allows you to search the report for specific text. The top left of the report contains an export drop-down box that allows you to export in Excel or CSV formats.
The report is then organized by the Order Type column (In-House Party and Point of Sale shown above). Each Discount or Coupon on an Order of the Order Type is then listed in the Name column. The remaining columns display the information specified in your search criteria.