This article will walk you through the steps involved in setting up your Ingenico Link/2500, connecting the chip reader to a WiFi network, and activating the chip reader so it may be used to run Party Center Pay transactions.
You should receive the following when you order your Link/2500:
The battery in the Link/2500 can be charged through chip reader's USB-C port using the USB to USB-C Cable. The USB end of this cable can either be plugged into an open USB port, or into a power outlet via the USB Power Adapter.
Once the battery has been charged, the chip reader may run off of its own battery power and does not need to be plugged in until another charge is necessary.
- If you wish to use another device with a powered USB port to charge the chip reader, follow step 1.1 and skip steps 2.1 through 2.3.
- If you choose to power the chip reader with the USB Power Adapter, skip step 1.1 and follow steps 2.1 through 2.3.
The first step is to plug the USB-C end of the USB to USB-C Cable into the Link/2500:
Step 1.1 (power via a USB port)
If you wish to provide power to the Link/2500's battery from a device with a USB port, the next step is to plug the standard USB end of the cable into any powered USB port:
Step 2.1 (power via USB Power Adapter)
If you wish to provide power to the Link/2500's battery from a power outlet, the next step is to choose the appropriate Outlet Adapter:
You will most likely be charging the chip reader by plugging it into an outlet that is compatible with the first option.
Step 2.2 (power via USB Power Adapter)
Once you have selected an Outlet Adapter, slide the chosen adapter onto the large end of the USB Power Adapter:
Step 2.3 (power via USB Power Adapter)
Plug the USB end of the USB to USB-C Cable into the USB Power Adapter:
Step 2.4 (power via USB Power Adapter)
The last step to charging the Link/2500 is to plug the USB Power Adapter (with a selected Outlet Adapter) into an open power outlet:
Step 3 (Connecting to WiFi)
These are the steps involved in connecting a Link/2500 chip reader to a WiFi network.
- If the Link/2500 should power itself on when plugged into a power however. However, if it is powered down, press the green button to power on the device:
- Wait for the device to initialize. The screen should display the triPOS logo once it is initialized. The WiFi symbol will be white, indicating that the chip reader is offline:
- To access the admin menu, quickly press the following buttons on the pin pad: 2, 6, 3, 4.
- Press F to enter the menu:
- Select Tetra Admin:
- Select Configure WiFi:
- Select Scan Networks and find your WiFi network:
- You must now enter your WiFi password. This can be done using multi-tap entry with the pin pad buttons, much like you enter text on a flip-phone. See the Extra Tips/Notes section for more info on multi-tap entry.
This can also be done by selecting each character on the screen. Navigate to each character with the following buttons:
Change to symbols or letters by selecting the following:
When you are done, navigate to the green symbol and press the green button to save and exit:
- Your Link/2500 will now connect to your WiFi network. This may take a few moments to initialize. Once the chip reader is online, the screen should display an activation code:
- This is now the time to contact our support team. Our team will be able to connect your Link/2500 to your Party Center Pay account with the activation code provided.
- Once our team has activated your chip reader, the screen should display the triPOS logo once again. The white WiFi icon should be green, indicating that you are connected to WiFi:
NOTE: Once your Link/2500 is connected to WiFi, the admin menu will no longer be accessible by pressing 2, 6, 3, 4 on the pin pad. If you need to access the admin menu again, it may be necessary to temporarily turn off your WiFi signal, in order to force the chip reader to disconnect from the network.
- The keypad uses multi-tap entry, for example, pressing the 2 button repeatedly will go through the number 2 and the letters a, b and c in both lower and upper case. To enter a symbol, press the symbol button (.,#*). To erase something typed, press the yellow button.
- When needing to go back a previous screen, press the red button.
- The chip reader should turn on automatically when connected to a power source.
- Power down the device by holding the symbol button (.,#*) and the yellow button simultaneously:
Note: If the device is plugged into power, it will instead reboot.
Please contact support by calling (916) 226-4062 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance regarding activating your chip reader in Party Center Software.