This article will walk you through the steps involved in connecting a Verifone MX 925 chip reader to a network.
What is Included
You should receive the following items when you order your MX 925 pictured below:
- MX 925 Chip Reader
- Ethernet Module
- Power Adapter
- Network Cable
Connecting Your Device to Your Network
- The first step is insert the Ethernet Module into the back of the MX 925. The module should click into place, indicating that it is fully connected:
- Connect one end of the Network Cable to your router. This can be done directly, or through a network switch:
- After connecting the Ethernet Module to the MX 925 and one end of the Network Cable to a router or network switch, connect the other end of the cable directly to the port on the Ethernet Module that is FURTHEST TO THE LEFT (closest to the power adapter input). The other two ports WILL NOT WORK:
- The fourth step will be to plug the Power Adapter into the input on the Ethernet Module:
- Once everything is connected, you are ready to plug the Power Adapter into an outlet and power on the MX 925. The chip reader should now be connected to the internet and ready to be activated. You should see an activation code display on the screen:
Please contact support by calling (916) 226-4062 or send an email to email@example.com for assistance regarding activating your chip reader in Party Center Software.