This article will walk you through the steps involved in connecting an Ingenico iSMP4 chip reader to a network.
You should receive the following when you order your iSMP4:
You may use either the USB to USB-C Cable or the USB-C Power Adapter to power the chip reader.
- If you choose to power the chip reader with the USB to USB-C Cable, follow step 1.1 and skip steps 2.1 through 2.3.
- If you choose to power the chip reader with the USB-C Power Adapter, skip step 1.1 and follow steps 2.1 through 2.3.
Both the USB-C Power Adapter and the USB to USB-C Cable have a USB-C plug on one end. The first step is to plug the USB-C end of the cable you wish to use into the iSMP4:
Step 1.1 (USB to USB-C Cable)
If you are powering the chip reader with the USB to USB-C Cable, the next step is to plug the standard USB end of the cable into any powered USB device:
Step 2.1 (USB-C Power Adapter)
If you are powering the chip reader with the USB-C Power Adapter, the next step is to choose the appropriate outlet adapter:
You will most likely be plugging the chip reader into an outlet that is compatible with the second option.
Step 2.2 (USB-C Power Adapter)
Once you have selected an outlet adapter, slide the outlet adapter onto the large end of the USB-C Power Adapter:
Step 2.3 (USB-C Power Adapter)
The last step to powering on the chip reader with the USB-C Power Adapter is to plug the adapter into a power outlet:
Step 3 (Connecting to WiFi)
These are the steps involved in connecting a Party Center Pay chip reader to a WiFi network.
- To access the iSMP4 admin screen, quickly press the F key four times in a row.
- Press F4 to select Access Points
- Click F1 for New add a new Wi-Fi network profile. This will then scan for available access points.
- Select your WiFi network using the F2(down)/F3(up) and the green key.
- Select the Security Type for your Wifi network. (Is typically WPA/WPA2)
- Enter your WiFi password like a flip-phone on the number pad.
- Your iSMP4 will now connect to your WiFi network and should display an Activation Code after a few moments. This is how you will know that it is connected to your network.
> The keypad uses multi-tap entry, for example, pressing the 2 key repeatedly will go through the number 2 and the letters a, b and c in both lower and upper case. To enter a symbol, press the # key. To erase something typed, press the yellow key.
> When needing to go back a previous screen, Press red key to go back.
> To delete a Wi-Fi profile: press green key on highlighted Wi-Fi connection, press delete on next screen.
>If the device is plugged in, it will turn on automatically.
>If booting issues are encountered, you should remove the battery and unplug the device. You then will hold the power button down on the top right side of the terminal for about 30 seconds. (With both battery and power cord removed)
Once the 30 seconds pass, put the battery back in and power the device back up where it should boot properly after.
Please contact support by calling (916) 226-4062 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance regarding activating your chip reader in Party Center Software.