This article will walk you through the steps involved in connecting an Ingenico iSMP4 chip reader to a network.
You should receive the following when you order your iSMP4:
You may use either the USB to USB-C Cable or the USB-C Power Adapter to power the chip reader.
- If you choose to power the chip reader with the USB to USB-C Cable, follow step 1.1 and skip steps 2.1 through 2.3.
- If you choose to power the chip reader with the USB-C Power Adapter, skip step 1.1 and follow steps 2.1 through 2.3.
Both the USB-C Power Adapter and the USB to USB-C Cable have a USB-C plug on one end. The first step is to plug the USB-C end of the cable you wish to use into the iSMP4:
Step 1.1 (USB to USB-C Cable)
If you are powering the chip reader with the USB to USB-C Cable, the next step is to plug the standard USB end of the cable into any powered USB device:
Step 2.1 (USB-C Power Adapter)
If you are powering the chip reader with the USB-C Power Adapter, the next step is to choose the appropriate outlet adapter:
You will most likely be plugging the chip reader into an outlet that is compatible with the second option.
Step 2.2 (USB-C Power Adapter)
Once you have selected an outlet adapter, slide the outlet adapter onto the large end of the USB-C Power Adapter:
Step 2.3 (USB-C Power Adapter)
The last step to powering on the chip reader with the USB-C Power Adapter is to plug the adapter into a power outlet:
Step 3 (Connecting to WiFi)
These are the steps involved in connecting a Party Center Pay chip reader to a WiFi network.
- To access the iSMP4 admin screen, quickly press the F key four times in a row.
- Press F4 to select Access Points
- Click New to choose the WiFi network you want to connect to. This will then scan for available access points.
- Select your WiFi network using the green key.
- Select the Security Type for your Wifi network.
- Enter your WiFi password.
- Your iSMP4 will now connect to your WiFi network and should display an Activation Code after a few moments. This is how you will know that it is connected to your network.
> The keypad uses multi-tap entry, for example, pressing the 2 key repeatedly will go through the number 2 and the letters a, b and c in both lower and upper case. To enter a symbol, press the # key. To erase something typed, press the yellow key.
> When needing to go back a previous screen, Press red key to go back.
> To delete a Wi-Fi profile: press green key on highlighted Wi-Fi connection, press delete on next screen.
>If the device is plugged in, it will turn on automatically.
Please contact support by calling (916) 226-4062 or sending an email to email@example.com for assistance regarding activating your chip reader in Party Center Software.