From the Admin page in PCS, you can go to "Required Customer Fields" under the "Account Settings" header. This section lets you control what pieces of information you want to gather when a new customer profile is made, from any location. The settings in this grid determine whether the information is required to complete the customer profile, option to include with it, or hidden (Not asked for) completely. Required fields will have a red box next to them, and the system will ask users to complete them before proceeding.
There are four different places where a customer profile may be created, represented in this grid.
- Online Booking: These fields determine what the customer must input when submitting their information through the online booking module.
- Online Store: These fields determine what the customer must input when making an online store purchase.
- If the address field is hidden, then the online store will not ask for the shipping and billing address during the purchase process.
- PCS Portal: These fields are in use when you or your staff create a customer profile within PCS while Customers 2.0 is disabled.
- Customer Page 2.0: When you or your staff create a customer profile using the new Customers 2.0 features, these fields determine what information is requested.
There are three types of customer profiles that these settings can be applied to: Customers, Dependents, and Organizations. Customer profiles are created for the end users making a purchase through PCS. Dependents and Organizations are profiles that can be associated with Customer profiles.
Additionally, there are some options beneath the main grid.
- Force Customer Emails: If this is checked off, then a customer email must be unique upon account creation. If the customer's email is already entered in the system, the customer will be prompted to log in, or give a different email.
- Enable Emergency Contact: The emergency contact is an extra section added to a dependent's profile. It will require the contact's relationship to the dependent, and the contact's phone number.
- If a customer is signing a waiver and this field is enabled, that waiver will always require a phone number.
- If a Customer Field is hidden: Determines if hidden fields are shown depending on the existing data.