With the Customers 2.0 update, booking parties within PCS is even easier. Any booking created by you or your staff from the schedule page in PCS is referred to as "In House Booking". This article will explain the steps necessary to complete one of these bookings.
The In House Process
1. To begin, you'll want to start from the schedule page. If the time you are looking to reserve for the guest is already on the schedule, you can simply click the "Reserve" button next to the desired party. The blue icon on the right side of the schedule slot shows the party types available for booking in that slot.
Alternatively, if the time or party you wish to book are not available, then you have the option to create a one time schedule slot.
You'll need to select the date this event will take place on, it's length, and the party type. Afterwards, hit "Add and Book" to get started.
2. Beginning the reservation takes you to this page:
On the left, you will want to select the party type the guests wish to book. The total of this party will be shown in the top right corner, as "Pre-Tax Total".
The party description and pricing model will be shown. You can deselect the party choice by clicking on the green check mark; this will allow you to select a different type from the block if needed.
3. You'll need to enter in the guest count for this party. If there are two guest counts, both must be filled in to continue.
All parties booked in house do not need to follow the constraints of the pricing model; the system will allow any guest number to be booked, even if it exceeds the maximum or minimum.
4. Each party requires a customer attached to it. Select "Add Customer" to open the customer search section.
This tab is nearly identical to the actual Customers 2.0 page. You can search for the customer if they already exist in the database, or create a new one. Click here to learn more about the Customers page if you are unfamiliar with these functions (Article Written).
Once the customer is located, you'll need to click "Add to Order" to finish adding them to the current order.
5. Depending on the selected party's individual settings, you may need to select a guest of honor for the party. Parties may have a required guest of honor, optional guest of honor, or no guest of honor.
The customers associations will be shown as options. Selecting the star icons next to their profiles will designate them as the guest of honor for the order. You can select the trash can icon on the guest's profile to remove them from the order as well, in case the wrong guest was selected.
If the guest of honor does not already exist as a dependent, then it will need to be created from the guest's profile page:
6. Once both the guest of honor and guest count fields are completed, you can hit continue at the top of the screen to complete the booking.
Please sign in to leave a comment.