Using a Checklist Item
- When a checklist is active for a particular order, it will need to be completed first before the order can be closed, meaning that all tasks must be manually checked off before the order can be considered "completed". At a quick glance, you can see which orders still have tasks that need to be completed from the orders screen; these will be signified by a red exclamation point. The number of exclamation points equals the number of tasks that must be completed.
- From within the individual order, you can see if the checklist has been completed or not by whether or not the checklist tab also has a red exclamation point.
To complete the checklist, you or a staff member will need to click "Mark as complete". When done, a record of who marked the item and at what time will be saved to the order for your records.
Creating a Checklist Item
- From the Checklist Items page, click on "Add Checklist Item".
- You will then need to fill out the following information:
Name - The name of the checklist item
Description - This will show up in the notes field as instructions for this item
Applies To - This specifies what type of order this checklist item will apply to (In House, Online, Online Store). If a task only needs to be completed for a specific type, then you will want to ensure the proper type is selected here.
Global - If you want the task to apply to all specific order types and products, then check this box.
Due: This is the amount of time from the Party Date that you want this to be completed. This is also the time when your order will populate the checklist item.
- If the checklist item needs to be completed 3 days prior to the Party Date, enter -72 hours or -3 days.
- If the checklist item needs to completed on the day of the Party Date, you may need to enter in something like 1 or 2 hours. This signifies that the task should be completed 1 or 2 hours into the party.
If you did not make this a global item, you will see a widget on the right with all your products listed. You can select as many products as you want to associate with this item. If you select an item, anytime that item is booked or purchased the checklist item will be added to the checklist for that order. For example, let's say you create a checklist item called "Confirmation Call". If this applies to birthday parties, you would select all your birthday parties on the right. Then, whenever someone books a birthday party online, the "Confirmation Call" task will be added to the order automatically.
At any point, you can also add a specific checklist item to an order manually. Clicking "Add Checklist Item" on the party order page will display a list of all available checklist items that can be added. This will force the task to be marked as complete as normal.