PCS Register allows Party Center Software to communicate with a receipt printer and cash drawer, effectively allowing you to run your computer as a cash register.
PCS Register is compatible with Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.
Please visit our recommended hardware page for a list of compatible receipt printers and cash drawers.
This article will walk you through the installation process for PCS Register. It is recommended that you uninstall any older versions of PCS Register (previously called Point of Sale Terminal).
It is also recommended that you install the appropriate OPOS software first. If you are upgrading your version of PCS Register, you should already have OPOS software installed.
Downloading PCS Register
2. After the download is complete, navigate to the destination folder. Most browsers provide the ability to go directly to the destination folder of a download when it is complete via the Open Folder button.
You should arrive at the folder containing the PCS Register download.
3. The file must be unzipped before it is installed. Once you have arrived at the destination folder, right click on the zipped file and choose Extract All...
You may change the destination folder of the extracted files if you wish, but this is not necessary. Leave Show extracted files when complete checked to be taken directly to the destination folder of the unzipped files once extraction is complete.
4. Click Extract to proceed.
Installing PCS Register
1. Once the zipped files have been extracted, you may begin installation.
From the destination folder of the extracted files. launch the setup application.
2. Depending on your PC's security settings, you may receive a warning message from Windows Defender.
If this is encountered, click More info.
You should then be able to proceed with the installation by clicking Run anyway.
3. Click Next to move through the installation. Depending on your PC's security settings, you may run into a prompt that requires you to allow this installation to make changes necessary to run correctly.
4.Click Yes to proceed.
5. Once the installation is finished, you may click Close.
Leave Launch PCS Register checked to immediately run PCS Register.
PCS Register can also be launched from the PCS Logo Icon.
Setting Up PCS Register
1. When you launch PCS Register for the first time, you will be prompted to name the register. Party Center Software will use this name to identify this computer throughout the software. It is recommended that you choose a name that corresponds with the purpose or location of the computer, e.g. Front Desk, Snack Bar, Admissions, etc.
2. You must also enter your PCS Portal URL.
This will point this installation of PCS Register to your facility's login page.
Click Get Started once you have provided the register name and URL.
3. This next step is to point PCS Register to a receipt printer, cash drawer and in some cases, a pole display. You must have OPOS software installed and configured on this computer in order to do so, otherwise PCS Register will not be able to detect your hardware.
Please follow the Epson OPOS installation instructions here if you do not.
Use the Receipt Printer 1 dropdown to select your primary receipt printer, and the Receipt Printer 2 dropdown to select your second receipt printer (if applicable).
Use the Cash Drawer dropdown to select your cash drawer, and the Pole Display dropdown to select a pole display (if applicable).
4. Click OK once you are finished assigning your hardware, and PCS Register will load the URL that you provided. These configuration options can be accessed and modified at any time through the Settings icon. PCS Register must be restarted before any configuration changes take place.
Uninstalling Older Versions
It is not recommended that you leave an older version of PCS Register (previously called Point of Sale Terminal) installed on your computer. The two versions may conflict with each other.
1. To remove an older installation, begin by clicking on the taskbar search and typing "control panel."
Click on Control Panel to launch the application.
2. Next, click Uninstall a program.
3. Click on Point of Sale Terminal, and then click Uninstall to remove the older version. This will not impact any installation of PCS Register 2.0 or higher.