Recommended Internet Connection
Please remember that the speeds quoted below are dedicated speeds. If you allow access to the internet by customers or staff for non-POS use this will adversely affect your speed and functionality. As our application is web based, you'll want to make sure you have a broadband internet connection that can keep up with the demand of your business. If shopping around, consider this as a minimum guideline:
- 1-3 POS Terminals: 6 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up
- 4-6 POS Terminals: 10 Mbps down, 2 Mbps up
- 4-6 POS Terminals + Waivers kiosks: 15+ Mbps down, 3+ Mbps up
- Terminals, waivers, and guest access: as high as you can go (PCI Compliance requires certain firewall and security standards be in place when your guests are using the same broadband connection you are processing credit cards on. You may find it is easier and more efficient all around to have a separate line for your guests.)
Running PCS Register
PCS Register connects Party Center Software to your point of sale hardware.
Processes that do not require hardware (such as a receipt printer or cash drawer) to function will still be available on most platforms capable of running a web browser (including Mac OS and mobile devices).
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 8, 8.1, and 10
- Must have .NET 3.5 installed and updated
Recommended PC Hardware Requirements
- CPU: Intel i5 Quad-Core (or equivalent)
- RAM: 4GB to 8GB
- Solid State Hard Drive (with more than 15 GB free for PCS software)
- Monitor: 17"+ (1280x800 resolution or higher)
Minimum PC Hardware Requirements
- CPU Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
- CPU Cores: Dual or more. For example, a 2.4+ GHz Intel Dual-Core (or equivalent) or Intel J1900 Quad-Core for low power systems
- RAM: 4GB
- Hard Disk Drive ( with no less than 6 GB free for PCS software)
- Monitor: 15"+ (minimum resolution 1024x768)
A few other things to consider:
Running software or storing files upon the device that you are using PCS Register with can substantially impact overall performance. It is recommended that you only run the necessary programs in efforts to optimize your system.
An Ethernet connection is better than WiFi for your computers running PCS Register. Letting guests or employees access a wireless connection sharing bandwidth with your main network will result in a slowdown. This symptom will get worse as you get busier. If using a secured wireless connection for staff, make sure you are using the most up-to-date security standards. WPA2 is acceptable, WPA and WEP can both become compromised with relative ease.
Supported Receipt Printers
Party Center Software technical support staff members are trained in the setup and troubleshooting of several thermal receipt printers. Recommend models are:
- Epson TM-T20 & TM-T20II – USB
- Epson TM-T88IV & TM-T88V – USB or Ethernet
- Epson TM-T70 USB
Supported Cash Drawers
Printer Driven Cash Drawer (Recommended)
- MMF Val-u Line Series
- M-S Cash Drawer Economy
- M-S Cash Drawer EP-102N
- Other brands and models which are known to be compatible with Epson printers. If Epson compatibility is not specifically listed in the name or description for the device you are considering that is not on this list, presume it is not. Check with your hardware vendor.
USB Cash Drawer
- M-S USB Drawers
- APG USB Drawers
Supported Party Center Pay Chip Readers
- Ingenico iPP320 (Must be plugged directly into a router)
- Ingenico iSMP4 (Wireless)
- Verifone MX 915 (Must be plugged directly into a router)
- Verifone MX 925 (Must be plugged directly into a router)
Chip readers must be ordered through Party Center Software in order to ensure that they are properly encoded.
Supported card swipers for Authorize.net (non-U.S. only)
- Magtek 21040145 in keyboard emulation mode
- Magtek 21073062 in keyboard emulation mode, unencrypted, and with level 2 security only. Check the product description before ordering to ensure that it is not the level 3/encrypted model, as these currently will not work.
- Logic Controls/Bematech MR1000
Many other unencrypted swipe devices in keyboard emulation are compatible, but the above are tested and known to work.
Supported Pole Displays
- Epson DM-110 (printer driven or USB)
- Logic Controls/Bematech PD/LD series displays
Supported Bar Code Scanners
- Symbol LS2208 (1D simple reader on paper)
- Motorola DS4208 1D/2D (To scan QR and other 2D codes from paper or from any screen or mobile device)
Booking and Reporting
The following requirements assume that you are only using Party Center Software for management, party booking, or other tasks that do not require the use of POS equipment. As you may still be using these computers to process credit cards, it is important that your operating system and web browser are still supported by the original developers with security updates.
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 and 10
- Apple Mac OS X 10.7+
- Apple iOS 7+
- Google Android 4.2+
Supported Web Browsers
- Internet Explorer 11
- Safari 7+
- Mozilla Firefox or Firefox ESR updated to latest version*
- Google Chrome updated to latest version*
* These browsers support automatic updating.
Using a Waiver Kiosk
Some computers and browsers support a kiosk mode that can be used by customers to fill out liability waivers using our waiver system.
The same software requirements listed under the Booking and Reporting section apply here. Waivers have been tested on desktop computers as well as on iOS, Android, and Windows tablets. 9" or larger tablets are recommended for the best customer experience. Kindles and similar devices may not work.
Make sure to disable autofill and password saving on the web browser you are using on the kiosk.