Recommended Internet Connection
As Party Center Software is a cloud-based software, you will access your facility from any internet browser by navigating to your facility's URL. Because of this, you can access it from anywhere but you should consider the internet connection of your facility to make sure you have a reliable and consistent connection to our software!
Please remember that the speeds quoted below are dedicated speeds. If you allow access to the internet by customers or staff for non-POS use this will adversely affect your speed and functionality. As our application is web-based, you'll want to make sure you have a broadband internet connection that can keep up with the demand of your business. If shopping around, consider this as a minimum guideline:
- 1-3 POS Terminals: 6 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up
- 4-6 POS Terminals: 10 Mbps down, 2 Mbps up
- 4-6 POS Terminals + Waivers kiosks: 15+ Mbps down, 3+ Mbps up
- Terminals, waivers, and guest access: as high as you can go (PCI Compliance requires certain firewall and security standards be in place when your guests are using the same broadband connection you are processing credit cards on. You may find it is easier and more efficient all around to have a separate line for your guests.)
Recommended Internet Connection-EMV Devices
Due to the security required for EMV transactions, the internet requirements can be higher to ensure the least amount of transaction errors.
- The recommended speeds for EMV devices are 5 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up. As this is a baseline, you may need a better connection the more devices you have at your facility.
- Wireless EMV devices require a password secured Wi-fi connection to function.
- Wired EMV devices require a direct internet connection you router to function. They cannot be plugged into a computer for internet, they must be plugged into a switch, router, or ethernet wall plug.
Running Hardware Link
The Hardware Link is an installed service that will allow you to use the browser you access Party Center Software with to connect to a receipt printer and cash drawer, allowing you to print receipts and pop the cash drawer automatically from your computer. You can find more information about the hardware link and its installation here!
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 8, 8.1, and 10
Recommended PC Hardware Requirements
- CPU: Intel i5 Quad-Core (or equivalent)
- RAM: 4GB to 8GB
- Solid State Hard Drive (with more than 15 GB free for PCS software)
- Monitor: 17"+ (1280x800 resolution or higher)
Minimum PC Hardware Requirements
- CPU Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
- CPU Cores: Dual or more. For example, a 2.4+ GHz Intel Dual-Core (or equivalent) or Intel J1900 Quad-Core for low power systems
- RAM: 4GB
- Hard Disk Drive ( with no less than 6 GB free for PCS software)
- Monitor: 15"+ (minimum resolution 1024x768)
A few other things to consider:
Running software or storing files upon the device that you are using Party Center Software with can substantially impact overall performance. It is recommended that you only run the necessary programs in efforts to optimize your system.
An Ethernet connection is better than WiFi for your computers running PCS Register. Letting guests or employees access a wireless connection sharing bandwidth with your main network will result in a slowdown. This symptom will get worse as you get busier. If using a secured wireless connection for staff, make sure you are using the most up-to-date security standards. WPA2 is acceptable, WPA and WEP can both become compromised with relative ease.
Supported Receipt Printers
Party Center Software technical support staff members are trained in the setup and troubleshooting of several thermal receipt printers. Recommend models are:
- Epson TM-T20 & TM-T20II – USB
- Epson TM-T30 - USB
- Epson TM-T88IV & TM-T88V – USB or Ethernet
- Epson TM-T70 USB
Supported Cash Drawers
Printer-Driven Cash Drawer (Recommended)
- MMF Val-u Line Series
- M-S Cash Drawer Economy
- M-S Cash Drawer EP-102N
- Other brands and models which are known to be compatible with Epson printers. If Epson compatibility is not specifically listed in the name or description for the device you are considering that is not on this list, presume it is not. Check with your hardware vendor.
USB Cash Drawer
- M-S USB Drawers
Supported Party Center Pay Chip Readers
- Ingenico iPP320 (Wired)
- Ingenico iSMP4 (Wireless)
- Verifone MX 915 (Wired)
- Verifone MX 925 (Wired)
- Ingenico Link 2500 (Wireless)
- Ingenico Lane 3000 (Wired)
Note: Chip readers must be ordered through Party Center Software in order to ensure that they are properly encoded.
Supported card swipers for Authorize.net (non-U.S. only)
- Magtek 21040145 in keyboard emulation mode
- Magtek 21073062 in keyboard emulation mode, unencrypted, and with level 2 security only. Check the product description before ordering to ensure that it is not the level 3/encrypted model, as these currently will not work.
- Logic Controls/Bematech MR1000
Many other unencrypted swipe devices in keyboard emulation are compatible, but the above are tested and known to work.
Supported Pole Displays
- Epson DM-110 (printer driven or USB)
- Logic Controls/Bematech PD/LD series displays
Supported Bar Code Scanners
- Symbol LS2208 (1D simple reader on paper)
- Motorola DS4208 1D/2D (To scan QR and other 2D codes from paper or from any screen or mobile device)
Using a Waiver Kiosk
Some computers and browsers support a kiosk mode that can be used by customers to fill out liability waivers using our waiver system.
Waivers have been tested on desktop computers as well as on iOS, Android, and Windows tablets. 9" or larger tablets are recommended for the best customer experience. Kindles and similar devices may not work.
Make sure to disable autofill and password saving on the web browser you are using on the kiosk.