Once you have our PCS Register software installed on each computer that you would like connected to a receipt printer, there are specific settings that can be accessed for each of these computers on the PCS Registers page. These settings can be adjusted for each register to customize each of them. This article includes information on the most common uses for each of these settings.
- All of the settings for registers can be found under Admin > PCS Registers.
- On the PCS Registers page, you will see a list of every computer that has ever had the PCS Register software installed and connected to your facility. If you are currently using the PCS Register software, an extra field will appear stating which register you are currently using:
- Clicking on "edit" to the right of each register name will take you to a page with settings for each register
PCS Register Settings
- Register Name: This is the name of the register you are currently editing. Common names include "Front Desk", "Concessions", or even "POS 1". This name will appear within reports that reference specific registers.
- Register ID: Our software assigns a unique internal ID to each register. This is used for troubleshooting and can't be changed.
- Use On-Screen Keyboard: If checked, a new window will appear when editing cash payment amounts. This may help with entering cash amounts if you are using a touchscreen computer.
Payment Acceptance and Point of Sale Settings
- Payment Modules: EMV devices (credit card chip readers) need to be associated in order to be used with the PCS Register software. Selecting "Party Center Pay EMV (Retail)" from this drop-down will display a list of devices that have been activated for your Party Center Pay account so that you can select a device for this register.
- Associated Payment Modules: After an EMV device has been selected, this field will show the selected device. Clicking on "Remove" will allow you to associate a new device with this register.
- Default POS Screen: From this drop-down, you can select the screen that will load by default when this register first loads into the Point Of Sale page.
- Paper Width: This setting adjusts the width of the receipt, by changing the number of columns that are able to appear on it.
- Number of Receipts: Each time a transaction is made at this register, you can specify how many receipts are automatically printed. Entering a zero will not print any receipts for that type of transaction. It is always possible to manually print a receipt regardless of these settings. Commonly the Credit transactions will be set to 2 receipts to allow for a Merchant and Customer copy.
- Receipt Footer Text: If you would like additional text to appear at the bottom of your receipts, it can be entered here. Commonly a simple phrase will be added like "Thank you for visiting today!" or "Please come again!".
- Add Tip Line to Receipts: If checked, an extra line will be included for a tip. If you are using the Tip on Device feature, this will be disabled by default. Here is an article on the Tip on Chip Reader functionality.
Line Display Settings and Cash Drawer Settings
- Idle Display Text: If using a pole display, this is the text that appears while the register is idle.
- Idle Scroll Speed: If using a pole display, this is the speed the idle text scrolls.
- Pop Cash Drawer For Credit Transactions: If checked, the cash drawer will pop on credit transactions. Otherwise, it will remain closed.
- When making changes to any of these settings, you will need to click on "Save Changes" after you have finished.