To enable the new Point of Sale, go to Admin > Facility Info > Preferences and check Enable POS 2.0.
NOTE: The new Point of Sale system is available to all Party Center Software clients utilizing PC Pay or Record-Only payments. This upgrade is offered at no additional cost. However, activation requires the enablement of the 2.0 customer page and In-House Booking features. Should you encounter any difficulties while transitioning to the new 2.0 Point of Sale system, we recommend clearing your browser cache and trying again.
Once the new Point of Sale is enabled, it will replace the old Point of Sale in your facility.
You will notice a few changes on the Admin screen.
The Point of Sale section will be removed because all setup will now be done through the Point of Sale itself.
The Hardware Settings page will now be located in the Facility section.
Click on the Point of Sale link in the navigation bar to begin.
You will notice a change to the navigation bar when you open the new Point of Sale.
This new navigation bar will now display recently viewed orders.
Clicking on the search will reveal a list of all Point of Sale orders recently opened by the user account to which you are currently logged in at your facility.
You may search by order number, customer name (if one was assigned), or by the last four digits of a credit card if a card was used to process a payment on the order.
The color coding indicates the order status.
- Green: Open.
- Grey: Closed.
- Red: Cancelled
The Point of Sale allows you to create multiple profiles.
Each profile has its own set of screens and a profile can be set as the default for any computer. For example, you may have a profile for the snack bar and another for the admissions desk. Each may be fully customized and suited to each location in your facility.
The Point of Sale requires at least one profile to exist. When you first view the Point of Sale, you will be prompted to create one.
Click Add Profile to Begin.
It will be titled Main Profile by default, but this may be changed to whatever you prefer.
After creating a profile, you will be prompted to create your first screen.
You may navigate back to create or edit profiles and screen at any time.
If you create multiple profiles, you can switch between them at any time as well.
If you are in edit mode, simply click on the profile dropdown to switch between profiles.
This can even be done while ringing up an order. The order will not be affected.
- Click on the gear icon to edit, delete, or duplicate an existing profile.
Since the Point of Sale requires at least one profile to function, you may not delete the last profile.
If you have one profile in your facility, the delete button will be static.
- Click Add New Profile to create a new profile for your facility's Point of Sale.
Profiles will always display in alphabetical order.
To help you organize your Point of Sale, each profile may contain multiple screens.
Click Add New Screen to create a new one for your selected profile.
You may edit or delete a screen at any time.
Profiles require at least one screen, so you will not be able to delete if you are down to one screen.
You may drag and drop the order of screens.
The change will be reflected in the Point of Sale. The screen that is first will be the default for the profile, and you will always arrive at that screen when opening a new order.
Each screen is fully customizable.
- Screen Name: The default name will be "New Screen." Change this to whatever is appropriate for the screen that you are creating and the products you intend to add as buttons to the screen.
- Columns and Rows: Each screen can contain up to 30 button columns and rows. Buttons may be placed in any of these columns and rows, and the screen is scrollable.
- Show Images: A new feature we have added to the Point of Sale is the ability to set button images. The images will display on the buttons themselves when this is enabled. We will cover uploading images in the Buttons section of this article.
- Default Button Color: You can set the default color for each new button added to the screen, although button colors can also be set individually to whatever you prefer. This may be enabled or disabled for each screen.
Once a screen is created, you are ready to begin creating buttons.
To add buttons to a screen, you must be in edit mode, which can be selected any time.
If you have just created your first profile and screen, you will already be in edit mode.
Begin by clicking any of the blank button spaces.
You will then be prompted to select an existing product in your facility to assign to the newly created button.
You can select any Item, Item Package, Coupon, or Prepaid product.
NOTE: The Point of Sale currently only supports PC Pay Prepaid products.
- Search Product: You can filter the list of products in your facility to find a specific product. Products are organized by category.
- Display Name: When you select a product, this will default to the product name. You can change this if you wish to have a specific name for the Point of Sale button. The product name itself will not be affected.
- Quantity: The default quantity is 1, but you can modify this to ring up a larger quantity of a specific product with a single button click.
- Color: The button color will initially be whatever the screen button color is set to by default. This may be modified for any button without affecting the default.
- Image: You have the option to upload an image from your computer for the button. It will only display if images are enabled for the screen. You have the ability to zoom and crop the image when uploading. The image will display as a square.
When you are done, click Save.
Button positions can be changed by dragging and dropping while in edit mode.
Simply click on a button while in edit mode after it has been created to edit or delete it.