Party Center Software now includes options to use discount or promo codes through our online booking pages. These features allow specific discount codes to be entered by guests which will then apply to the balance due on the checkout page. This article will provide a walkthrough of how to setup the discount codes in the PCS Portal, as well as provide information about how these codes will appear from the guest's perspective.
Note: At this time these discount codes can only be applied through the Online Booking Pages, and cannot be added by your guests through the Online Store Pages.
How to setup discounts for use on online booking pages
- To activate the new online booking discounts, you will first need to enable them under Admin > Online Booking Settings. This will allow discounts to be used online.
- Then under Admin > Discounts click on "Add Discount" at top of the page.
- Next, enter the details of the discount you are creating:
Be sure to pay special attention to these fields:
- Discount Name: This will be the name of the discount as it appears on invoices and reports.
- Discount Code: This field allows you to enter the code that the guest will enter at checkout
Note: Discount codes are not case sensitive when input by the customer.
- Redemption Limit: This field allows you to set the maximum number of times this discount can be redeemed online. It will display on the discounts page as the number of times that the code has been used out of the total.
Note: Discounts can always exceed the redemption limit when used from the PCS Portal. Redemption limits will only stop guests from using the code online after the limit is reached.
- Expiration Date: This field allows you to enter an expiration date, after which the code cannot be used.
Note: Discounts can always exceed the expiration date when used from the PCS Portal. The expiration date will only stop guests from using the code online after the date has passed.
- Start Date: This is an optional field you can use to set when a discount goes live. A guest attempting to use a discount code before the start date will receive a message that states they cannot do so.
Note: Discounts can always be used before the start date when used from the PCS Portal. The start date will only stop guests from using the code online before the date.
- Once you have enabled online booking discounts and created the discounts that you would like to use, your guests will start to see a field for "Discount" appear on the Order Summary on the checkout page.
- The text for "Discount" on the checkout page is customizable and can be changed under Admin > Facility Text and Labels > Online Booking Tab.
- Once an authorized code has been entered by the guest, they will see the discount reflected in the order total on the online booking pages. The name of the discount will be displayed as well as the total amount of the discount. This same discount will the be reflected on the orders page in the PCS Portal.
Please sign in to leave a comment.