Tag Sets are utilized by the Sales Analysis Report, the Cash Analysis Report, and the Sales-by-Hour Report to help narrow down and group together relevant information. This can help you keep track of certain product categories (like a tag set for all items sold at the front desk as opposed to the snack bar) without having to sort through the Product & Category Accrual Report.
Creating Tag Sets
- To create or manage existing Tag Sets, select Manage Tag Sets from the Reports page.
- Here, we can either select a Tag Set to modify or add a new Tag Set.
A Tag Set is a group of Tags. How that works is that you will run a report based on a Tag Set and then each Tag will be its own line item of the sum of all the items contained with the Tag. For the above example, running a report on the beverages Tag Set will give you a report that shows the totals for all Gatorade and soda products, separated as two line items.
- Now, let go through creating a new Tag Set first. Specify a name for the new Tag Set. This should describe the overall group of tags you are creating.
- With a Tag Set selected, you can choose to edit the tags contained in it, delete tags, or add more tags.
- When naming a tag, name it how you want it to display on your report. You will see an example of this further down.
You will pick products to add to the Tag below. This functions mostly with drag and drop.
Available Products: Products that are not in the current tag. Drag and drop to the column on the right to add them.
Products in Tag: Products currently in this tag. Drag and drop to the trash can on the right to remove them.
- You can now use the Tag Set you just created to run several different reports to gather data on those previously specified products!