Party Center Software offers an integration with Worldpay for gift card payment and processing that can be used to issue, reload, redeem, and check the balance of Worldpay gift cards directly through Party Center Software. If you are already using gift cards with Worldpay, this is an easy to setup process that will allow you to use those same gift cards within Party Center Software.
Table Of Contents
- Activating your Worldpay gift card account in PCS
- Creating gift cards as a Product
- Selling a gift card within the POS
- Checking the balance of a gift card
- Redeeming a gift card for payment
Activating your Worldpay gift card account in PCS
- During the account creation process, Worldpay will ask if you have a software vendor that you would like to use your gift card account with. If they have associated Party Center Software as a software vendor, they will send the support team an email with account information that we use to enable gift cards for your facility. This process should happen with no input from you but it is best to follow up with Worldpay support (800-846-4472) and/or PCS support (916-226-4062) if you have any concerns. You may need to contact Worldpay support to get Party Center Software added as a vendor if that step was missed during account creation or if your Worldpay account was created before you signed up for Party Center Software.
- Worldpay accounts that are setup only for gift cards are commonly labelled "Gift Only" and will include a "StoreCard ID" and "StoreCard Password". This is the information contained in their setup letter to us that we enter for your facility.
- You are able to see the information entered for your gift card account in PCS under Admin > Payment Acceptance and then clicking "Worldpay (Standalone Gift Cards)".
- This page will list your "Merchant ID" which is the "StoreCard ID" that we enter to connect the gift card account.
- Once this information is entered on the Payment Acceptance page by the support team, you are able to use the gift card account within Party Center Software.
Creating gift cards as a Product
- Gift cards are created within the software as a Product just like anything else that can be sold within the software.
- To create a gift card, navigate to Admin > Products and then click on "Add Product".
- Under Advanced Products, click on "Prepaid"
- Enter a name for the product that matches amount of the gift card like "Gift Card $20" or "Gift Card $50" and then enter that same value into the "Value" field. Then click "Add Product".
- Your product has now been created and is ready to be added to the POS or Party Orders.
Selling a gift card within the POS
- Once your gift card has been added to the POS (follow this procedure to add items to the POS), you will be able to sell it similar to other items in the POS.
- From the Point Of Sale screen that contains the gift card you would like to sell, click on the button for the gift card and it will be added to the order. You will notice a new section for "Load Prepaid Items" when there is a gift card on the order.
- After the order has been completely paid the link for "Load now" becomes clickable. You will need to click this link after each order to load the gift card balance.
- Clicking on "Load now" will open a new window that allows you to enter the card number. If you have a swiper, swipe the card to enter the card number. Otherwise type the card number (the first 19 digits on the card) and then click "Submit".
- You may need to use the link for "Reload Account" if you are using a card with an existing balance. It is also possible to check the balance of a card from this page by clicking "Balance Check".
- When the card is loaded successfully, you will see the order close automatically. If you see an error message at the bottom, there was a failure to load the card. This error message will appear if your account credentials were entered incorrectly:
- Once the transaction is successful, the card that is loaded is saved on the order for future reference. Feel free to reference orders of previously issued cards if there are ever discrepancies.
Checking the balance of a gift card
- Party Center Software has buttons for checking the balance of gift cards both in the POS and the Orders page.
- In the POS, at the top of the page is the "Check Prepaid Account Balance" button.
- On the Order page, at the top of the payments tab is the same "Check Prepaid Account Balance" button.
- Clicking on this button in either location will load a pop-up window that asks for a card number:
- Entering a card number on this page and then clicking submit will display the amount on the card.
Redeeming a gift card for payment
- Once your gift card account has been connected to Party Center Software you will see options for payments on a tab labelled "Prepaid".
- Use this tab to process payment with a gift card by entering the card number in the field for "Card Number" and then clicking "Submit".
- Payments made using a Worldpay gift card will appear in the Payment History and within reports labelled as Prepaid.
Article is closed for comments.